We are seeking an ambitious, highly motivated, organized, and results-driven person to join our project team. The primary purpose of this position is to support the economic and clinical evaluation of a new comprehensive patient care program for patients with or at risk of thromboembolic disease. The ideal candidate will be familiar with health economics and/or program evaluations, clinical research process and methods, including searching the literature, study design, primary and secondary data collection, data analysis, interpretation and dissemination. This position presents an excellent opportunity for interdisciplinary training, developing and deepening diverse skills for health economics and health services research, and developing collaborations with scientific and policy colleagues.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A PhD with a specialization in medicine, epidemiology, health economics, health services research,health policy, or a related quantitative discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in program evaluation, economic evaluation, and/or health services research.
- Experience with administrative health datasets and data linkage.
- Strong quantitative research skills, including experience and proficiency using STATA, SAS,SPSS, R, TreeAge or similar software packages.
- Superior critical thinking ability and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Strong potential for research productivity.
- Comfortable with working independently and in collaboration with others.
- Superior organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn and understand clinical issues.
- Strong attention to details.
Memorial University is one of the two largest universities in Atlantic Canada. As the province’s only university, Memorial University plays an integral role in the educational and cultural life of Newfoundland and Labrador. Offering diverse undergraduate and graduate programs to almost 18,000 students, Memorial University provides a distinctive and stimulating environment for working and learning. St. John’s is a very safe, friendly city with great historic charm, a vibrant cultural life, and easy access to a wide range of outdoor activities.
Salary: $50,000 + basic benefits/year.
Closing Date: Applications will be accepted until July 21, 2017 (or until the position has been filled).
Start Date: July 17, 2017 or as negotiated
Term: Two years, with the possibility to extend
Location and Supervisors: This position will be located in the School of Pharmacy at Memorial University. Supervisors are Dr. Rufaro Chitsike, Faculty of Medicine and Eastern Health, and Dr. Stephanie Young and Dr. Hai Nguyen, School of Pharmacy.
Please send a detailed CV, cover letter and names and contact information for at least three
academic/professional references to Ann-Marie O’Keefe-Penney, e-mail email@example.com Subject: 2017 Clinical and Economic Post-Doctoral application. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Memorial University is strongly committed to employment equity and especially welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, members of sexual minorities and persons with disabilities.